Why take this Essentials of GDPR and An Introduction to Cyber Security training?
Cyber security and GDPR have become very important topics for businesses, upon completion of this training learners will have a good knowledge of how to work safely whilst online, and prevent online fraud or data breaches. By combining this understanding of cyber security, learners will be able to better understand the impacts GDPR may have on their business and how they should be handling and storing data.
This GDPR compliance training course was designed for data processors and compliance officers, or those who handle or are responsible for personal data. Upon completion of this course, learners will fully understand the key changes from the Data Protection Act 1998 to the EU GDPR, will be able to understand what is meant by the term “data”, as well as the different types of data they might come across in the role. Learners will be able to recognise the six principles of the GDPR and what they each mean, will know the rights of data subjects and the control they have over their information, and how to safely handle sensitive data.
Upon completion of this training, learners will have an understanding of how to create perfect passwords, virus vigilance and how to stay safe from digital threats, the importance of keeping a clear desk and screen for data protection and how fraudsters can trick you into giving out your username or passwords in a virtual net.
Learners will also be able to recognise how they can take steps to protect their premises and how they can store and dispose of personal information to prevent against identity theft. Learners will also understand what we mean by the term ‘SPAM’, the dangers of using CC in emailing, how to print securely, and how to browse the internet safely.
The essentials of GDPR
- What is a data controller?
- Data processing
- Data subject
- Data protection principles
- Good practice
- Data security
- The data breach
- Subject access request
- Data subject rights
- Accountability and governance
- Investigating breaches
An Introduction to Cyber Security
- The risk to cyber security
- An everyday risk
- Facing everyday risks
- Possible harm
- Real life examples
- Cyber security risk
- When it goes wrong
- Reducing risk
- Finding your cyber security policy
- About risk management
- About shortcuts
- Why have a risk management regime
- Your action plan
Having completed this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the key changes from the DPA to the GDPR
- Understand what data is, and the different types of data
- Recognise the six principles of GDPR
- Safely handle sensitive data and understand the rights of data subjects
- Know the role of the information commissioner
- Identify the risks associated with cyber activity
- Explain how to protect your network from attack using anti-malware defences
- State the process for responding to a cyberattack or a suspicious incident
- Understand the levels of access to data and your restrictions within these
- Implement best practice cyber security guidance into your work, as set out by industry standards and your organisations policies
These courses have been certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This bundle is aimed at those involved in the handling of people’s information as part of their day to day role. It aims to provide an introduction to the GDPR, its principles and process and roles and responsibilities under the Regulation and also helps protects you or your employees against cyber criminals.
The Essentials of GDPR and the Introduction to Cyber Security will each take approximately one to two hours to complete, depending on how quickly learners can study and absorb the material.
Test and Certificate
The end of both of these courses have a test which consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
You can download and print your digital certificates immediately upon completion.